Monday, April 30, 2012

{guys, remember how hip i am?}

this weekend was good. there was a party and some shopping and some music and some baking and some oh henry ice cream. oh! also: i found a bunch of temporary tattoos in the piano bench and when barclay got home he found me in the bathroom putting every single one on. then i proceeded--because, guys, i have a blog--to take those awesome self-portraits where it's like, "oh, hey, i was just writing some deep poetry in my day timer here and someone happened to walk in and take this poetic shot of me with my tattoos showing." because those are the kinds of things you need to do to keep your readers happy, and also to remind them about how hip you are. Photobucket Photobucket {the theme of the party was roller derby and i felt like i needed a sleeve tattoo. surprisingly, a lot of temporary butterflies don't look all that tough. my roller derby name was SHUDDER-FLI. remember how hip i-- yeah, no. no. forget it.}

22 comments:

larisaa said...

You're intimidating. I would not want to get in a roller derby fight with you and those butterflies!

Sarah Rooftops said...

Love it. Better than some of the roller derby names on my Facebook friends list...!

erin e flynn said...

You're so hip! XD

Temporary tattoos are so fun!

sarahannnoel said...

"oh, hey, i was just writing some deep poetry in my day timer here and someone happened to walk in and take this poetic shot of me with my tattoos showing."

AHAHAHAHAHA.

I love you. I love this blog.

Holly Knitlightly said...

Bahahaha I love it! I love you! Is that weird? Probably. Ha!

I love your derby name, PERFECT.

Suzy Marie said...

Oh Suzy, you make me laugh so! I happen to think those tattoos look very hip.

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

You're hip and legit! And very very deep!

Love it! ;)

Carmen said...

You are so hip, you have dysplasia.

(I've been hoping for a situation in which to use that.)

I, also, am followed around by people who take lovely, moody pictures of me.

Caitlin said...

All the cool bloggers orient themselves in photo to show off their half sleeve, so you win.

anna said...

i love temporary tattoos because a} i'm too big of a wuss to get a real one and b} its not a long term relationship. you wear it, you love it, you wash it off and you're done. i love.

i also love your self portraits. how pondersome of you.

JTay said...

That would be a seriously great tattoo, though!

Suzy Krause said...

i know it.
SHUDDER FLI

Suzy Krause said...

hahaha there are such awesome ones! i went to the roller derby a month or so ago and my friend and i were just reading the program and dying laughing at the names. so good.

Suzy Krause said...

haha aren't they? so fun.

Suzy Krause said...

garsh! i love you and your blog too. ah, blogland. :)

Suzy Krause said...

it's not weird. it's mutual. :)

Suzy Krause said...

well thanks! hip is what i'm going for. all day every day.
:)

Suzy Krause said...

so much affirmation! i'm glad you think i'm deep. it's true. i am deep.

Suzy Krause said...

DYSPLASIA!? haha i'm so confused about what dysplasia has to do with being hip! am i just having a blond moment? help! help!

{you should probably post some lovely moody photos too then.}

Suzy Krause said...

for real!
but really, i'm so jealous of you tattoo'd ones. your arms are so pretty...

Suzy Krause said...

meeee too.
you don't have to worry about changing your mind in a year. i'm a mind-changer in a big way, and i don't know if i could commit to something forever. sigh. but they're so PRETTY.
so. temporary it is!

Suzy Krause said...

yeah, not bad eh? butterflies to show off my free side.