Thursday, June 07, 2012

{manners}

the problem with people is that they are dirty.
the problem with people besides that they are dirty is that they can't keep their dirt to themselves.
so, you know, i have a problem with people.

we went for a walk on saturday, barclay and i, and we were crossing the street at the same time as somebody else was crossing it.

now, you know, there are manners.
the problem with people is that they don't know about all of the manners that they should know about.

manners like, "don't spit on other people, especially people that you don't know."
those kinds of manners.

as we crossed the street, and this other person crossed the street, he raised up his eyes and gave us a look. i didn't know what the look meant at that exact time, but now i know that the look meant, "i'm going to spit on you, because i don't know about all of the manners."

the look preceded the throat clearing, which preceded the spray.

and the guy kept on walking, because he didn't have enough manners to say, "i'm sorry that i spit on you. have a nice day."

i was thankful that the spit only landed on my kneecaps, because i don't use my kneecaps for anything other than capping my knees. i wiggled my legs a little and complained about how i don't like having strangers spit on my legs.

but then i looked up and saw barclay wiping his face off and realized that i'd been very, very lucky.






32 comments:

Brenda C. Boylan said...

SO GROSS!

That is not just bad manners, that is bad Human behavior.

larisaa said...

You are 100% right. People don't know about manners! At all. People should not spit on other people, or ever in public in my opinion because I don't want to walk right through your glob of spit that I didn't see because that's gross, and people should also keep their dirt to themselves.

Well said. I hope you got your knee caps clean and I hope Barclay's face is recovering.

Unknown said...

Eww! That is disgusting--people never stop amazing me, who would spit at someone else?

Mrs. Wilson said...

Eeeeewwwwww!!!!

Sarah Rooftops said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Somebody once hocked a huge gob of spit onto the back of my leg; I think it was intentional. Sometimes I just don't like strangers. At all.

a.eye said...

I am so disgusted by this that I don't even really know what to say... and I can't unfurl my lips!

Sorry Barclay got it worse - though that made me momentarily unfurl my lips.

Ohh Erin said...

OMG that is horrendous! I would totally freak out if that happened to me. \_/

MySpecialAgent said...

ughhh... Spit is so disgusting to me. I would have been sick in the street.

sarahannnoel said...

WHAT A FOUL PERSON. I am CRINGING.

kalie brynn said...

RUDE!

Chanda said...

...Yeah, I hate it when that happens. (!?)

BrigittaR said...

Oh my gosh! What the what! I can't believe this happened to you :(

Caitlin said...

Ugh, that is so freaking disgusting. People are gross. :(

Liz said...

that is disgusting. what is wrong with people?!

Suzy Krause said...

that's very true. he needs a lesson.

Suzy Krause said...

he scrubbed his face as soon as we got home; it is quite recovered, i think. but still. ....

Suzy Krause said...

i know hey? and it wasn't like he was too young to know or something; he seemed like a fairly normal 20-something guy... :S

Suzy Krause said...

mmmhm...

Suzy Krause said...

yuck. i'm sorry. i can't even get into the mindset of someone who would intentionally spit on someone. yuck.

Suzy Krause said...

hahaha that was my reaction exactly.

Suzy Krause said...

you know, i would picture myself freaking out too. but in the moment i just kind of stared ahead with my mouth open and said, "yuck" a lot.

Suzy Krause said...

uhhh huh. shudder.

Suzy Krause said...

for real!

Suzy Krause said...

I KNOW!

Suzy Krause said...

hahaha, what, strangers don't spit on you all the time?

Suzy Krause said...

maybe i'm just an offensive looking person and he thought i was going to say something mean, so he beat me to the proverbial punch?

Suzy Krause said...

they are. for real.
people. yuck.

Suzy Krause said...

so, so many things...

Kiersten said...

That's one of the grossest things I've heard in a while ... I cannot believe this actually happened. Your poor knee caps ... Barclay's poor, poor face. Ew.

Suzy Krause said...

dross.

Holly Knitlightly said...

Ugh, seriously?! What is wrong with people!! UGH!

Suzy Krause said...

oh, SO many things. ugh is right.