Wednesday, August 29, 2012

{dream days}

Photobucket the past couple weeks have felt kind of like a dream. it's not that anything overly strange or wonderful or terrible has happened; it's just that every situation or event has had kind of an unreal quality to it. like a picture with a vignette.

someone will say something very unexpected, or i'll run into someone i didn't think i'd ever see again, or i'll find myself downtown standing in a big glass box full of money with strangers gathered around me screaming, "STUFF THE MONEY IN YOUR MOUTH!" {there really is a first time for everything.}

last night, i was sick in bed one minute, and at a weird 1980's rock concert literally five minutes later. me and a thousand 45 year-olds wearing leather and heavy eye make-up. and the whole time i wasn't sure if i was actually there, you know? i guess it just caught me off guard, because i'd been mostly planning on staying home and watching animal planet.
Photobucket
so the problem becomes that i'm going to start getting my real dreams mixed up with my real life. and when a dragon comes out of my neighbor's house and burns me down, i'm going to be very, very confused. it's like legally blonde meets inception. what a mess.

anyway. i get my wisdom teeth out tomorrow, all four of them. i'm not going under; i'm going to bring along my iphone and listen to really, really loud music the whole time so i don't hear my teeth being broken apart  right by my ears. i feel like that in itself will be a surreal experience to cap off these strange summer days. i'll blog again when i'm brain-deep in painkillers, because you all are the type of people who will probably enjoy that.

ah, life. you know?

12 comments:

Sarah Rooftops said...

This is beautiful. But all I can think about now are your wisdom teeth. And my wisdom teeth. Which need to come out. But I'm scared...

Hannah Joy said...

I love random happenstances like that...good luck with your teeth, I keep putting that off :/

Courtney Bates-Hardy said...

No anaesthetic? Wow! I had one out last year and I'll have another one out in September under anaesthetic...they're both kind of complicated though. I don't remember a thing thankfully. Good luck tomorrow! Don't try drinking anything out of a straw for a few days--I ended up with dry socket and that sucks! Make sure you stock up on lots of pudding and jello and soup :)

Dana said...

I got my wisdom teeth out 2 years ago...it didn't hurt very much but I went under. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Ouuuch, good luck Suzy!!

Holly Knitlightly said...

Oh man. There were a few months where I had SUCH a hard time telling the difference between real life and my dreams. I would fall asleep and dream about what I did that day... except things would be a LITTLE bit different. So I couldn't remember what actually happened. Or I'd dream about what I was doing the next day. So weird.

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

Very confusing indeed! I think I might need to understand more about the glass box and the money. That sounds like it could be a good thing! ;)
Hope the wisdom teeth surgery goes well! I ate lots of ramen afterword! And pain killers are good too.

Brandi said...

Holy crap! Good luck tomorrow.

Unknown said...

I'm sure you know this, sweet lady, but you look like T Swift in the two pictures at the top. SO rad. xoxo

suzy said...

Eeeep good luck with the teeth! xx

MarĂ­a said...

Life is kind of awesome. That's the magic.

Suzy Krause said...

thanks all for the well wishes! i just got home from the surgery and i feel fantastic!

sarah! don't be afraid!!!