Monday, October 29, 2012

Photobucket I used to be adamantly against smart phones. "Robots!" I said. "They know too much!" I said. "I don't have that kind of money!" I said. But, you know mostly the thing about the money.

And then, in a weird little twist of fate called a Christmas present, I became the owner of an iPhone. 

I still think they know too much, and am a little weirded out at the intelligence and abilities of the little computer I carry around in my purse, but I can't leave home without it. I mean, it might be a huge conspiracy, someone trying to rule the world and get a camera inside the homes of everyone in the world and get everyone's bank information and, ultimately, control of our Starbucks gift cards... but I'm past caring because it's all just so dang convenient and fun. 

But the point is not that. The point is look at the sweet apps you can download {for free, most of them} to enhance your already ridiculously privileged iPhone existence! Or, for today at least, here are four of my favourites.

1. Photosynth 
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket This one is a camera app for making panoramas or fish-eye shots, capturing a lot more than you could with just your iPhone's built-in camera on its own. It's actually really easy to use once you get the hang of it.

2. Songza
Photobucket
I use this one every morning. You open it up, pick your activity, pick your mood, and it plays a custom playlist of good music for you. It's fantastic and free and I've found some wonderful new music with it.

3. Starbucks Photobucket Every coffee shop should have an app like this. You can store your gift cards on it and scan your phone at the point of purchase instead of rifling through cash or whipping out your debit card. It has a billion other features too, including a filtered search engine (for if you're specifically looking for a Starbucks with wifi, or if you only want to find stores open past 6 pm, etc).

4. Cinemagram Photobucket
This app is ridiculous. And I love it. It's Instagram's weird uncle. Instead of taking a picture, you take a short video, and then you decide which part of the video you want to animate and which part you want to keep as a still. I love it, even though it's awfully creepy.

What are your top four?

4 comments:

MarĂ­a said...

I didn't know about any of these, but Songza and Photosynth are going to be in my phone in a couple of minutes!

My favourite four would be:
-Wunderlist (because I'm a list-freak, and I love knowing I don't have to carry a notebook everywhere I go!)
-Zombie Tsunami (BEST game there is, and completely addictive, although Hay Day is the runner-up)
-8tracks (thousands of playlists, right there on your phone. What is there not to love?)
-Infinicam (there are endless possibilities to take pictures and process them, and you can pick your favourites, or just keep trying on random ones) and then of course... uploading them on Instagram!

If I were to pick more than four... :D

<3

Caitlin said...

I LOVE Cinemagram! I could stare at those all day long.

Elly said...

Aaah! I always wondered how people did those cool still but moving gifs! Clever :)

Sarah Rooftops said...

Aw, Songza sounds amazing but it's not available outside the States. :(

I was the same - I was suspicious of smartphones but mostly couldn't afford one; I'd really miss mine now, though. I'd have to, you know, switch on the computer every time I wanted to know what else That Guy had been in.