Tuesday, November 06, 2012

{a list: good songs with violins, trumpets, and/or cellos in them}

Photobucket I mentioned yesterday that I made a list of songs I like with violins, trumpets and/or cellos in them, and Jen asked if she could see it. So I thought I'd make a playlist out of it on Grooveshark, and you can listen to that by clicking here.

It's not extensive, and some of the songs only have trumpet, or only violin, or just a bit of cello, but it's a start if you need some strings and horns in your morning. And, I mean, don't you? To make you think about sad and beautiful things? So you can lay down dramatically on the floor in the middle of your kitchen and pretend that you're in the middle of a hopeless break-up scene?

If that's not the right way to start your day off, I don't know what is.

10 comments:

Mrs. Wilson said...

I am off to listen to it now!! Thanks!!!

Next up ... awesome piano-y songs? (No hurry.)(You don't even have to do it at all.)(But if you happen to be bored ...)

;)

Mama Milly said...

Hi Suzy!
I just caught up on your blog - I had to go way back, because I haven't read blogs FOREVER it seems like, but I just wanted to say I adore you - and I am sorry you almost got beat up...and I am glad you took some holidays and went to some shows and are too busy for words!
We are going to listen to your playlist while we have lunch.

Anonymous said...

Trumpet and strings is great for creating dramatic scenarios in the car, when it's raining, and you're not driving, and you're staring wistfully out of the window like you're in a film and you're leaving the city full of all the people you love and you're really sad.

Liz said...

I will check it out! Love new music.
Also- you changes your mobile format! Yay!! I always check your blog from my phone :)

Suzy Krause said...

good idea! perhaps next tuesday?? :)

Suzy Krause said...

whoa! you did go way back! haha, i'm glad you're back. hope you like the music. :)

Suzy Krause said...

AGREED.

Suzy Krause said...

did i now? i wasn't even aware. is it readable still??

Anonymous said...

Hey, have you head Fish and Bird? I saw them last night - they have a violin and it was an awesome show. check them out!

- Erika

Suzy Krause said...

i will look them up RIGHT NOW. :) thank you!