Tuesday, November 13, 2012

{all the whos down in who-ville}

I am so done with ugly sweater Christmas parties. They're the Jim Belushis of Christmas parties. Even the thrift stores have caught onto this, and now ugly Christmas sweaters, which I will wear one time for this lame party, cost more than cute Christmas sweaters, which I will wear all fall, all winter, all spring, and quite a bit of the summer.

Because I live in Saskatchewan.

But the point is not that.

The point is that we did not throw an ugly sweater Christmas party this year. We took over Liz's uncle's house (he's in Africa or something) and, complete with elaborate hair-dos and lots and lots of food colouring, partied Who-style. {And then we cleaned up really, really well afterward so that he won't ever know.}
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket If you want to see ALLLLLLL of the pictures, click these words and scroll down.

24 comments:

Melissa said...

This is such a good idea. It looks like it was a great party! I may have to get crafty and have a not-ugly-sweater-themed party this year too.

Elise said...

Omg the hair...genius! :)

Caitlin said...

What an adorable idea! You guys are so cute. Plus I love the little you in your header.

I've never worn an ugly sweater, but I have worn t-shirts that look like ugly sweaters!

hannah debbie said...

oh man, the girl to the right in the first picture. I'm obsessed.

Holly Knitlightly said...

Okay, so like, the party looks awesome & all (seriously. great idea) but that window seat is amaaaaaaaaaaaazing. AH.

MarĂ­a said...

Amazing! The thing that I loved the most were the hair-dos! It must've taken so much time to do those!

I'm getting into my hibernation phase by now, wearing two or three sweaters some days, and forget about makeup! I love winter!

<3

Jen Glen said...

Okay, you guys rock. Can't believe you had a Christmas party already; that's fantastic! And just for the record, Jordan's costume was soooo lame! He dresses like that every Sunday! Will have to tell him how disappointed I was in his creativity.

MySpecialAgent said...

Best party idea ever.

elly said...

That's so clever! A who party is much more fun than an ugly sweater party - looks like you guys had a great time :)

Suzy Krause said...

do it!!! and let me know what kind of not-ugly-sweater-theme you pick. :)

Suzy Krause said...

hahaha, the hair was fun. i had a funnel in mine, but you can't tell so much in the pictures...
karlie won. obviously. {she's the one with the coat hanger mile-high hair. obviously.}

Suzy Krause said...

hahha, thank you for loving the little me. ;)

Suzy Krause said...

yeah, she clearly wins the night. :)

Suzy Krause said...

oh i know, this house we had the party at was GORGEOUS. everything about it. i want to move it.

Suzy Krause said...

i mean, i want to move IN. but not with the guy who owns it.

Suzy Krause said...

mm, i love winter too. and sweaters. just not parties dedicated solely to ugly sweaters. ;)

Suzy Krause said...

me and barclay died laughing over your comment. jordan's idea of dressing up for anything is an argyle sweater. whaaaaat a guy.

Suzy Krause said...

not bad at all, i agree. :)

Suzy Krause said...

we absolutely did. :)

Emily said...

I loooooveee this and you all look so great! So much better than an ugly Christmas sweater party, in my opinion.

Suzy Krause said...

aw, thanks! :) it was such a fun night.. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the photo of the couple with the fairy lights round them :) Plus, her hair is actually incredible. Looks like a super fun party!

Suzy Krause said...

haha yep, she had two coat hangers in there!

Ugly Sweater Men said...

I am so done with ugly sweater Christmas parties. They're the Jim Belushis ... uglysweatermen.blogspot.com