Monday, February 11, 2013

{balloons and freelance whales}

I love those afternoons where I actually have nothing to do. I spent one last week like this: {From this DIY on A Beautiful Mess}

A friend gave me 20 blank canvases a few months back {because he's moving to Spain and didn't want to lug along 20 blank canvases} and I had these prints I made a couple weeks ago that I wanted to do something with. So, this. But now that I've started, I can't stop. And I'm going to have a mound of silly balloon pictures lying around the house.

But. We will cross that bridge when we come to it. {That's, like, a really wise-old-sage-sounding way of talking about procrastinating.}

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this video! And your hair and that cozy sweater!!!
I want to try this project sometime.

Jen Glen said...

Hmmm...I'm confused...how did the picture get beneath whatever you were rubbing off? Did you put the white modge podge(?) on twice? I missed something. (You look absolutely beautiful in the video, though!)

Suzy Krause said...

Click the link beneath the video! it explains everything. :)

Suzy Krause said...

i love that sweater too. it's a favourite. :)
and you absolutely should. so fun. like doing a puzzle, sort of?

Sarah Rooftops said...

You could always send a silly balloon picture to meeeeeeee....

Suzy Krause said...

hahaha well if you want one...
though. shipping could get expensive?

Mama Milly said...

I love the way that turned out! You needed a time lapse counter in the corner - or on second thought after I read the tutorial, maybe not. I could give this assignment to one of my kids....hmmm!!

Suzy Krause said...

you should definitely try it with your girls--they would LOVE it. it requires a bit of patience...but it's worth it. :)

Hannah Joy said...

I love this! I really like the camera angles and over all style of this video, plus the finished project is pretty cool too :)

Lauren Sherritt said...

This is awesome, what a beautiful finished product! I love a good bit of time lapse, too! Man, I am inspired to give this diy a go sometimes...if only I was clever at paint balloons like you!

Suzy Krause said...

aw, thanks hannah! it was a fun way to pass an afternoon. :)

Suzy Krause said...

you totally should! grab a brush and some old pictures and just do it!